I think we all at some point have many different fires burning. At my day job, I am required to help clients get the best out of their business so it can in return grow and give them a solid return on their investment. Running a small business is no simple feat; it requires owners to wear multiple hats and be flexible while doing it. And in order to achieve this, business owners must use a variety of business tools at their finger tips. Today, I want to talk a little about blogging. This is something I encourage all my clients to do, but in such a way that it not only fits into their daily practices but also makes sense for their business.
So, why bother blogging? Here's my take:
- It’s by far one of the most powerful business marketing tools used or studied.
- Considering all the benefits of blogging, the financial cost is tiny. A self-hosted blogger or WordPress site can cost less per week than getting coffee.
- If you show up and blog regularly over time, people will be able to see that you are reliable and durable. And, I am sure you can count on multiple hands blog owners that have launched businesses because of their blogs.
- Blogging makes you a better communicator because it forces you not only write but to respond and interact with your readers.
- Blogging gives you an amazing, creative outlet for you and your business.
- There are no limits on what you can achieve from your blog. There have been many blogs that have changed hands for millions of dollars.
- As a direct result of blogging you can meet amazing people and make great friends and future business partners.
- To blog regularly with fresh ideas, you need to feed your mind with rich, mental protein. This means blogging can make you smarter, or at least better informed!
- If you work hard enough, for long enough, you can become one of the most influential people in your profession. That makes you an expert; that makes you the person others turn to for help and advice, that makes you indispensable!
- If you are passionate about what you do, and you should be, your blog gives you a platform to share your passion.